Aga Lawley, Flue attachment / adapter needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Nick B

Sep 15, 2019
Cambridge
Hi, I’ve got an Aga Lawley stove that I’m struggling to connect to the flue system. The problem seems to be the sizing of the spigot from the stove and what I put on this to make it compatible with a standard 150mm flue system.

The external diameter of the spigot is 146mm and internal 133mm. This doesn’t seem compatible with the 150mm flue system that has a male end size of 146mm (doesn’t go inside or outside spigot, just butts up to it).

Furthermore, looks like the continental adaptor isn’t the answer, wrong sizing!

Can anyone advise?

Thanks

Thanks. Aga not very helpful on Friday. Will try again tomorrow. Thanks for crimping advice.

Any other thoughts anyone?

We have a Heartland, one of Aga's stoves. Are you needing to connect the pipe to the outlet on the stove...I am assuming you are referring to the outlet when you say "spigot." My outlet is on the top of a damper box.

I connected Selkirk double-walled stovepipe to mine. For my model stove, I needed a "stovepipe adapter" to transition from the damper box atop my stove to the stovepipe. If you need photos, I'll take some later. In any case, I had to try a couple different adapters to find one that would both fit perfectly into that collar and into which the stovepipe would also fit. If you're using single-walled pipe, no doubt you'd need a different adapter.

Mine is the only Aga I've used, so your set-up may be different.

Also, I can dig around my files and see whether I still have the invoice for the adapter. It's been fifteen years or so, but perhaps I'll get lucky and find it. Meaning, I can tell you where I ordered mine. I do recall that the first one they sent didn't work, and I had to exchange for another.