AGP and Skytech 3301

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Andy Till

Mar 10, 2020
Maple Valley
I just installed a Lopi AGP, the unit is working great. I bought a Skytech 3301 and connected the control box to the AGP tstat wires. When I turn on the remote the control box beeps, but the AGP doesn’t start, unless I do it manually. The remote doesn’t seem to be talking to the stove. Anyone have an idea of what I may have done wrong?

Welcome to the forums Andy, after reading your stoves manual pgs 26 & 27 it looks like your stove is only prgramed for high low type of operation. It has 3 preset thermostat settings to choose from and then you haveto manually start the stove and the tstat will ramp it up or down according to your call for heat

Reactions: johneh
I just installed a Lopi AGP, the unit is working great. I bought a Skytech 3301 and connected the control box to the AGP tstat wires. When I turn on the remote the control box beeps, but the AGP doesn’t start, unless I do it manually. The remote doesn’t seem to be talking to the stove. Anyone have an idea of what I may have done wrong?
Did you push the TSTAT button on the the stove to select a program? Did you “teach” the receiver to talk to the remote? Is the receiver slide switch in the “remote” position? I have an AGP insert and skytech 3301P remote which works well. BTW, three program modes you can run the stove in.

Welcome to the forums Andy, after reading your stoves manual pgs 26 & 27 it looks like your stove is only prgramed for high low type of operation. It has 3 preset thermostat settings to choose from and then you haveto manually start the stove and the tstat will ramp it up or down according to your call for heat
Thanks for the reply, It is working now. It helped to know that it only controlled the thermostat, the store told me it turned on only. It also helped to move the control closer to the unit.