All Nighters Little Moe Gaskets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MI Hunter

Aug 27, 2016
Shelby Twp
Does anyone happen to know what size door gasket the Little Moe took? I stripped the old one from the door today and saved a sample piece to compare. Do you just measure the width of the door channel and go with that? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

That's all you do. It normally is cut off the roll to the length you need. 1/4, 5/16. 3/8, 1/2, 5/8, 3/4, or 7/8 wide.
Flat is more for glass but some doors can fit so tight only flat will work. You can tell by closing the door with cardboard in the channel to tell how thick it can be to latch properly and judge the crush factor. You should clean all old cement from channel so it doesn't build up an extreme thickness in spots.

I'm struggling with the same question on my Big Moe.. I replaced mine about a month ago but it wouldn't hold a dollar bill tightly on the hinge side.
I think that was 3/8". I bought a scrap of it back to the store and bought 1/2" which I deliberately bunched until I filled the groove tightly. The door closed a bit harder the first few times, but still doesn't close tight on the hinge side. A dollar bill will hang in place but I can easily pull it out with two fingers.

Last edited:
Okay this is for the next unfortunate person to fight with what gasket to get for any Moe stove made. Get 3/8 round rope you need 5’ for little Moe more rope for the larger stove door. There is a half inch channel in door but to close properly rope must be 3/8”.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jay106n and begreen
Okay this is for the next unfortunate person to fight with what gasket to get for any Moe stove made. Get 3/8 round rope you need 5’ for little Moe more rope for the larger stove door. There is a half inch channel in door but to close properly rope must be 3/8”.
I am the next unfortunate person - lol.

Any new recommendations you have now a few years later? I am replacing the gasket in my Little Moe Stove

It takes 1/2” HD gasket. If you guys would like, I can add a all nighter gasket kit on my store. Ive debated it because I have a bunch extra 1/2” HD rope right now in the shop.

Reactions: ct_525
It takes 1/2” HD gasket. If you guys would like, I can add a all nighter gasket kit on my store. Ive debated it because I have a bunch extra 1/2” HD rope right now in the shop.
Thanks for the reply - I’ll go with 1/2”. Any recommendations on a good blower for the Little Moe?