All set for next season.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
That's why Georgia Tech is the Yellow Jackets. You never get nailed by one of the, rather, eleven at a time will bust you.
And those stings really hurt.
If you feel like you are getting an allergic reaction, take one 25 mg Benadryl, it works wonders.

If you feel like you are getting an allergic reaction, take one 25 mg Benadryl, it works wonders.
Or in my wife's case after 1 sting get the EpiPen out

Yes, the epi pen is better.
I was working as a paramedic in central Georgia. We got a call that the couple had eaten shrimp and the husband was having a bad reaction.
Hives breaking out, difficulty breathing. A bad case of anaphylactic shock. Of course, we carried epinephrine in the truck, and we were getting geared up to use it.
This house was 20 miles away, way out in the country. For all we knew, the guy would be dead when we got there.

We arrived, the guy was sitting at the dining room table, conscious and alert and no problems! We asked the wife, "What in the world?"
She said that, right after she called 911 she gave him a 25 mg Benadryl. In 22 minutes his problem had gone away.

So, if you don't have an epi pen, I will assure you that the over the counter Benadryl works great in a pinch.

Reactions: johneh and Lakeside
Here’s some nice looking stacks, the first two are from a guy in the village that has more time in his hands than the aver wood stacker does and the rest are from some folks he knows.

847043F8-AF3A-4C55-B632-07B7D985D632.jpeg
B9ED6279-CDD7-46D2-9CDB-49216F2C3C5C.jpeg
12A7B4B4-991D-479A-84C1-CDBDC43C457B.jpeg
B0A2E296-5374-4243-8BB9-5790128F849F.jpeg

Reactions: Gearhead660
I love the freedom and warm days of summer, and how much time I get to work on my wood piles. But when doing so I can't help but want it to be chilly enough to start using it.

I am so looking forward to cooler weather. In these parts I believe both July was a record setter for heat, and this month may be on tap for it too. I don't like it. I'm not made to live in tropical weather.