AllNighter JUMBO MOE,

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumbo Mo

Nov 22, 2016
East Millinocket maine
The stove pipe flange on the back my stove does stove pipe go inside or outside. If outside where do you get 8-1/4 inch to 8 " stove pipe. Picture attached

Attachments

• IMG_2265.JPG
    IMG_2265.JPG
    238.3 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_2262.JPG
    IMG_2262.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 744
All pipes go inside. You want any creosote to end up in the stove not dripping on the outside of the chimney or the stove. Not that you want creosote mind you but yeah, that's the idea.

Jumbo Mo, this is what I did on my Mid Moe. I am sure you can find a stove pipe adapter somewhere or just crimp one down but, I tried it this way with the female end of T over the stoves flue and it works just fine. The older stoves I have been fiddling with this year seem to have this same deal with outlets not fitting what you get at the store.

Attachments

• IMG_1148.JPG
    IMG_1148.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 332
Status
Not open for further replies.