Almost all oak for 2015 season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice indeed... Oak is my main wood as well...lots dead around here now. Keep at it because you never know
when you might need to slow down.

Very nice indeed... Oak is my main wood as well...lots dead around here now. Keep at it because you never know
when you might need to slow down.
Red Oak types are the most common wood here, and they seem to die at a higher rate than some of the other trees. I've got a few more dead standers due to the drought last year. My stacks have a lot of Oak that will be ready, starting a year from now.
I'm not getting any younger, and have had a couple muscle strains this year from handling wood. I don't work steadily on the stacks; I tend to dive in and work hard for a while, then take a break. I might have to start exercising to get in better shape so I'm always ready to go. I would be way ahead but I supply wood for some in-laws as well.

Red Oak types are the most common wood here, and they seem to die at a higher rate than some of the other trees. I've got a few more dead standers due to the drought last year. My stacks have a lot of Oak that will be ready, starting a year from now.
I'm not getting any younger, and have had a couple muscle strains this year from handling wood. I don't work steadily on the stacks; I tend to dive in and work hard for a while, then take a break. I might have to start exercising to get in better shape so I'm always ready to go. I would be way ahead but I supply wood for some in-laws as well.

We have lost a ton of the big oaks and with my bad back, I cant do much about it. I have only gotten about a face cord so far this summer.
The heat and my back just say leave it alone...

Keep up the good work and I hope your in-laws appreciate the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.