KenofShelby Posted By KenofShelby, Feb 7, 2019 at 6:44 PM

1. KenofShelby

KenofShelby
    Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 1, 2019
    Loc:
    West Michigan’s Gold Coast
    Right,, someone else noted that too,,,that even Quadrafire doesn’t know the programming on some of the chips... My guy is pretty sharp,, been doing this stuff for 30 years and always
    learning something new....so we’ll see what he comes up with...

2. bob bare

bob bare
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 31, 2013
    Loc:
    park county montana
    Most "chips" have "set" programming.There is usually a "prom" that controls programming.It is that "prom" programming that is proprietary, and controlled/owned buy the stove manufacturer.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    Just be cautious with the chips some are security protected ( i doubt yours is due to age) but if you attemt to read them and copy the programming it will lock up the chip rendering it useless. Don’t ask how i know :cool:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    bob bare likes this.
  4. KenofShelby

KenofShelby
    Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 1, 2019
    Loc:
    HOORAY...............got the control board back from the Electronics expert, and it works,,, works perfectly,,He had to replace some ‘chips’’ and reprogram some things,,, and it works as good as new.... In fact, it works better than the used control box I got from Billy,,,It gets the ignitor coil heating up faster,,,, and does all the right things at the right time..
    And the price he charged me was amazing.....less than $80. I am one happy camper.!!

Jack Morrissey likes this.
  5. johneh

johneh
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 19, 2009
    Loc:
    Eastern Ontario
    You have to get Lucky now and again
    If not we wouldn't keep trying
    Congrats;)

6. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    Nice!! Glad it all worked out well for ya Ken ;)

7. KenofShelby

KenofShelby
    Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 1, 2019
    Loc:
    Thanks for the congrats. I am really pleased, and certainly appreciate all the helpful advice I got on this forum....Made it possible to do what I did.....