Am I the only one that has not done the seasonal maint yet?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm yet to finish the seasonal maintenance.
cleaned the vent and sealed it and the oak off.
still have to pull the motor and do the painting though.

I haven't done mine yet either. Up until 2 weeks ago, It was "almost" used on a few occasions! _g

Summer seems to finally be here. So its on the do list for this weekend!

J's been out breaking in the new toy. For some odd reason that might sound like more fun than deep cleaning and capping the beast. ;)

FWIW, I finally did my tear down last weekend. Got 30 minutes into the process and received a call from my G/F. "On the way with the kids, put the ribs on". Sooooo had to stop, get the ribs ready, get the smoker ready and get the ribs on. About and hour delay but then back at the beast. She is all clean, capped, plugged and Damp Rid. :)

If I get REAL ambitious at some point, I may do some re painting.

I haven't done mine yet either.. i find that leaving the ashes in the stove prevents it from getting rusty and keeps the dampness out..
plugged the vent though...

painted, motor cleaned and treated w/ graphite. just gotta pop the motor back in and buy my damp rid starter kit.
i painted the part of the exhaust channel i could reach from the front. cleaned and graphited the rest up from the motor housing.

i finally found something those sponge brushes actually do well. (using brush on stove paint)
the paint is comparitively thin. the sponge brush works well on the blind spots. inner face of firebox etc...

of course as we know, your head will fit in your stove if you turn it just right.
did a visual inspection after the first coat defumed.

now i'm drinking beer.

I would like to go a month without having to fire up a stove this so called summer. Third night in the 40s tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.