Am I the only one this year that...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

davidmsem

Minister of Fire
Oct 30, 2014
New haven, Connecticut
Am I the only one this year that started burning and noticed 3 hours later that the central A/C was trying to keep the house below 77?

Have luckily not had that happen yet. Though once I woke up to a chilly house, looked outside and it seemed like a cold, gray, rainy day... figured it must be another sub-40ºF December day out there, so I got a fire going. Stove didn't seem to be drafting worth a cent, but I managed.

I finally opened the back door to grab some more wood and was greeted with an 80ºF waft of humid air. I guess the wind had switched to the south and gave us a crazy warm blast for a day.

Reactions: sequoia
Status
Not open for further replies.