american eagle insert with pictures

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

lakerd

Apr 21, 2018
sw pa
IMAG0002.JPG IMAG0003.JPG i got this very little used american eagle insert. there is very little about it on the internet. i think it is what you call a fisher clone. it is so heavy i couldn't move it into a better position for pictures. it has a baffle and convection blower and an 8 inch flue opening in the back. i plan on reducing to 6 inches and sending a liner 16.5 feet up the chimney as i have seen coaly's comments on reducing flue openings on these old double door models that were designed to be used in fireplace mode sometimes so they oversized the opening to accomodate that. i won't be using fireplace mode. there are small cracks on the upper door opening corners. so small i couldn't get good pictures. should i worry about them? i pressured tested it with a fan blowing in the flue opening and the doors closed and the only air i can feel coming out is where the doors join together in the center. in the picture you can see there is a channel on the left door. do you think a rope gasket is supposed to go there or do they just leave it metal to metal?IMAG0002.JPG IMAG0003.JPG

View attachment 225999 View attachment 226000 i got this very little used american eagle insert. there is very little about it on the internet. i think it is what you call a fisher clone. it is so heavy i couldn't move it into a better position for pictures. it has a baffle and convection blower and an 8 inch flue opening in the back. i plan on reducing to 6 inches and sending a liner 16.5 feet up the chimney as i have seen coaly's comments on reducing flue openings on these old double door models that were designed to be used in fireplace mode sometimes so they oversized the opening to accomodate that. i won't be using fireplace mode. there are small cracks on the upper door opening corners. so small i couldn't get good pictures. should i worry about them? i pressured tested it with a fan blowing in the flue opening and the doors closed and the only air i can feel coming out is where the doors join together in the center. in the picture you can see there is a channel on the left door. do you think a rope gasket is supposed to go there or do they just leave it metal to metal?View attachment 225999 View attachment 226000
Reducing to 6" is against code and regardless of what coaly says i have seen it cause smoking issues many times on old units similar to yours.

I just bought a house with this American Eagle model with a blower. Does anyone know where i can get a manual or guide to run this beast?

thanks al!
First get a sweep out to clean and inspect everything. They should be able to give you some good pointers