American Wood Fiber vs Presto Log Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Panhandler

Minister of Fire
Aug 24, 2008
WV Northern Panhandle
Need opinions, guys and gals. Local Lowes has both at $4.78 per bag. If these don't create an abundance of ash, seems like a good price for this area.

slvrblkk said:
I never burned AWF but I can vouch for the Presto Logs....burned good in my Englander.

How was the ash? That is my main concern. I burned a couple brands last year that it seems like all I did was clean out ash.

Probably a bit more ash than I expected but burned hot. This was two years ago, though. Would I buy them again?...Yes.

Burned both brands would not burn either brand if it was my choice. If you have other options then I would look in to them. If not I would go with the AWF. I think it's a hardwood flooring company that puts these pellets out in the market so the product could be fairly good. I used to burn White Lightning Country Boy pellets that were produced by a Kentucky Hardwood Wood Flooring and they were pretty good until the price became out of control.

Status
Not open for further replies.