And the Slippery Slope Begins

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a local advertisement for pellets:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=218&ad=9062793&cat;=&lpid;=

These are not junk pellets, I have burned them and like them. I have seen their yard and they are loaded. The $185.00 is slightly higher than I paid at $150.

I guess that's what happens when things like natural gas is plentiful and relatively cheap.

I think if one does a bit of looking around they'll discover that the second largest draw down on natural gas supplies took place last week.

SmokeyTheBear said:
I guess that's what happens when things like natural gas is plentiful and relatively cheap.

I think if one does a bit of looking around they'll discover that the second largest draw down on natural gas supplies took place last week.

Locally we have the cheapest NG in the country. We are even on a higher pressurization that will end, I think, this year. NG is prices by cu.ft. More pressure more gas per ft. We enjoy cheap energy, but Brian is a very competent business man, he saw the future when he built his plant, but may not have seen the absolute glut of pellets on the market. Because his plant was not online last year, he did not get the anticipated resale contracts, so he has been scrambling this year. I am sure next year will be different with his pellets available regionally.

Too bad he ain't closer...I'd have to look hard at this one...$130 would be SWEET! I have no idea where the hell I'd store them...but I can dream...can't I?

fataugie said:
Too bad he ain't closer...I'd have to look hard at this one...$130 would be SWEET! I have no idea where the hell I'd store them...but I can dream...can't I?

I was thinking the same thing! 10 tons is about 2.5 heating seasons for me so if I had to I guess I could leave one of the cars out in the yard! Of course after shipping them from Utah to Vermont I would have spent about what I would have if I bought locally.

Status
Not open for further replies.