Animals hiding within my fuel storage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NextEndeavor

Burning Hunk
Jan 16, 2011
Southern Iowa
Went out early this morning just to walk around the back yard to hear the birds and such. This guy caught my eye. Have checked on him several times today and showed the kids that are home for the holiday. Now 7 hours later, he is finally gone ..... but then found he'd just moved to the other side for the shade. Go figure
Deer resting1.jpgDeer resting2, reduced res.jpg

That is one of the most beautiful wood stacks I've seen! ;)

It has not been too long ago that a doe dropped a fawn between some of our wood stacks. Naturally I left her alone. She never even looked at me and she knew I was close because I was on the atv at the time. Most of our deer know that if I see them, I usually stop or simply turn around. Earlier today my wife was out checking the bird feeders and a fawn was in the path. Nature can be beautiful.

Reactions: ScotO
Went out early this morning just to walk around the back yard to hear the birds and such. This guy caught my eye. Have checked on him several times today and showed the kids that are home for the holiday. Now 7 hours later, he is finally gone ..... but then found he'd just moved to the other side for the shade. Go figure
View attachment 105877View attachment 105878
That's cool

Great picture

Camera was just a 5 year old Sony, with 10:1 zoom, only 4 megapixel. I rested against a tree to steady the shot. Love nature. Right place, right time. Thanks for all the comments.

Awesome pic - Those antlers should be dry by October, hope the wood is!

Frame that pic. It's a keeper.

Great picture. Thanks
Hope he hangs around & you get some growth progress pictures :)

Reactions: Trooper
Nice pic. He doesn't look like more than two or three years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.