Annoying Craigslist ads

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdNH

Minister of Fire
Oct 14, 2009
Southern, NH
Am I the only one that gets really annoyed by these? first, the guy lists the wood for 1$ on the subject line, so sure ill open the ad up. then he trys to sell 4' logs as "dry" wood. sorry but i dont think so. He then mentions its 200$ a cord for log length wood, that is NOT dry, that you must pick up, cut to length and split yourself.

Oh thats how you make a living? by ripping people off? Does anyone ever write these people to tell them how ridiculous they are?

http://nh.craigslist.org/grd/2777356336.html

2 cords of four foot length dry hard wood. Located in Dunbarton. You pick up.

$200 per cord

Why did I put $1? Because of the amount of people not reading that add that states the price is $200 per cord. If you want to make an offer, that's fine, but please don't low ball. This is how a living is made.

Wood has been stored undercover.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

report the ad.

pen

Selling unbucked, unsplit, undry, and undelivered wood for $200/cord would be a damn good living if it worked. No wonder why people are confused and I also what he would consider a lowball offer? $50/cord?

almost as annoying as people on here reposting them and complaining

Nothing new. Classic bait & switch. Nothing to see- move along.

ironpony said:

Dont read the craigslist threads than, no need to be an As.s hole about it.

ColdNH said:
ironpony said:

Dont read the craigslist threads than, no need to be an As.s hole about it.

wow, someone needs a hug today

CTYank said:
Nothing new. Classic bait & switch. Nothing to see- move along.

Agreed

Closing thread.

pen

Status
Not open for further replies.