another quiet fan option

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim H.

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
I decided to check out Radio Shack. For only 24 bucks i picked up a brushless cooling fan. It has a nice weight to it for
the small size. i put it in a register between floors blowing down from the upstairs hallway to the hallway downstairs farthest away from my pellet stove. it spins at 2100 rpm's with 65cfm airflow at 220 mA.(115 VAC and 60Hz) you only hear a slight hum if you are right
next to it. i still have to work on funneling it downward more. right now the opening in the floor has fiberglass insulation
around it but it is still to big of an overall opening. when putting my hand over it i can feel it pulling the air, but on the downstairs side i don't feel much there. again, the space is to large, will have to put in a smaller duct and i am sure will make a difference.

Jim

Part # 273-0241 sixe=4.69x4.69x1.5" It has 2 leads to hard wire. I just cut off and extension cord and wired it so i can plug it in for the time being to see how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.