Any chainsaw lovers in CT?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rudysmallfry

Minister of Fire
Nov 29, 2005
Milford, CT
I had a huge Poplar tree get half knocked down by a wind storm a few weeks ago. It broke off at the crown leaving mostly the trunk standing. I called a few tree guys in my area to take the rest down, cut it up into 12" sections, and leave me the whole tree. I am getting what I consider to be insane estimates for a tree that is already partially down and doesn't have to be hauled away. One guy wanted $1100. I feel like the female factor is in play here. Some guys see woman and think it's open season. Two of them asked me where they should stack the wood for my husband to split. The problem there is, I'm not married. When I tell them I split it myself, they act like I'm lying.

Anyway, I see quite of few of you guys are in CT. I hate chainsaws or else I'd take this on myself. If any of you are near Milford, and enjoy carving up trees, I'd be more than happy to pay a few hundred bucks for the effort.

SWF iso ...... Send picture of chainsaw, ax, and bicepts.

Sorry!

Could not resist.

rudysmallfry said:
I had a huge Poplar tree get half knocked down by a wind storm a few weeks ago. It broke off at the crown leaving mostly the trunk standing. I called a few tree guys in my area to take the rest down, cut it up into 12" sections, and leave me the whole tree. I am getting what I consider to be insane estimates for a tree that is already partially down and doesn't have to be hauled away. One guy wanted $1100. I feel like the female factor is in play here. Some guys see woman and think it's open season. Two of them asked me where they should stack the wood for my husband to split. The problem there is, I'm not married. When I tell them I split it myself, they act like I'm lying.

Anyway, I see quite of few of you guys are in CT. I hate chainsaws or else I'd take this on myself. If any of you are near Milford, and enjoy carving up trees, I'd be more than happy to pay a few hundred bucks for the effort.

I'm in Milford, I don't have the tools to cut it up, but I thought I would say hello, so hello!. I am near Glorias farm market.

Hey Rudy, I'm in Montville, near Now London. I have a beastly Husky 455 and am always looking for something to cut! I bet me and my teenage son could make short work of your tree. He is involved in hockey, so my weekends are pretty busy until the end of Feb. but if you haven't found anyone before then, I think we could help you out. You can e-mail me to disuss further if you like.
Good luck.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.