Any clearance / end of season sales on fireplace inserts?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JJNelli

Sep 10, 2018
Happy New Year! I have read in the forums of people getting their stove (in past years) on sale at the end of season. I was wondering if anyone has seen any good deals online or in a store that will ship. I am looking for a fireplace insert that will heat 1500+ sq ft and burn at least 8 hours. If it can be cooked in or on, even better! Thank you!

So an end of the season sale is not at the end of the calendar year. The end of the season would mean when the actual end of the BURNING season comes.. that is more twards spring.. Right now your in the middle of the burning season.. not much is on sale now as people are still trying to get stuff installed..
What you need to do is some research on stoves that may be on sale that fit your needs and keep an eye out..

The big box stores will start sales at the end of January or February depending on how warm the winter is in your area. They need to make room for spring gardening and lawn equipment. Stove shops are independent and may or may not have an end of season sale. Sometimes you can get a good deal on a floor model in late season. I've had the best luck calling around during the summer. Usually a record hot week day in August works.

Regardless of purchase time, now is a good time to be getting, splitting and stacking wood.

@begreen has a verry good point. If your going to purchas wood you will definitely need wood storage and wood. All of the new stoves will require wood of 20% moisture or less. If your going to be purchasing wood. It will not be seasoned you will need to plann on finishing the seasoning process..