any experience with shelter logic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We bought a Shelter Logic building for my wife to use as a greenhouse. This was the 10X20 one with a metal frame. If I remember it was kinda expensive at around $350.00. Had set up in the yard and in service by March , 2013. It was really hot in it and wife was unhappy because she wanted more room. So I put a new greenhouse up for her, this new one 22X62 foot, Good thing too because I noticed a rip about 6 inches at one of the frame support points. A moderate wind came through here and ripped it to shreded junk. Total time in service was 14 months. The fabric was rotten , I suppose from the ultraviolates from the sun. I would never buy a second Shelter Logic building as I consider it to be a total waste of money. Expensive lesson to learn Shelter Logic is junk, David

I had a shelter logic "garage in a box" that worked great for keeping my assorted outdoor equipment dry for about a year and a half. I did have some problems with the tarp material ripping through wherever it rubbed on a bolt head, so if I were to get one again, I would try to reinforce those points. We got a big windstorm late last fall, and my garage-in-a-box became a garage-in-the-neighbors-field. Everything that was straight to begin with was now twisted. If you're going to get one of these, be absolutely sure to anchor it down at all four corners, and maybe the middle too.

Yea looks like they dont last too long..

I have two, not quite the same design but I have had one of mine for about six or seven years. Store wood in one boats and junk in the other. Lots of work to clean the snow off them but they also seem to keep an incredible amount of moisture in them. Yes lots of air moves through but they do retain moisture and heat.

I am hoping this is the last year for both of mine. I want to build a permanent wood storage shed this year.

Reactions: Muskoka Guy
Status
Not open for further replies.