Any idea the value of this Jotul 118?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CoachB

Aug 17, 2013
SC
It's very rusty but no holes or any structural damage just rust. Any clue what I should be willing to pay for it, and should I restore it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 800
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 318
How are the interior left and right burn plates? What condition is the baffle in? If they are in good condition I would offer maybe $100? It will take a lot of manual labor to restore and the deep rust pits may not come out. Do they have the top cleanout port door?

If I can get it for under $50 would that be a good deal regardless? I can then check all details.

Well under 50 if the plates and baffle are shot or missing. They are pricey, but last a long time with proper burning. Though if you are handy with welding and steel you could fab up a substitute.

PS: Welcome to hearth.com

Status
Not open for further replies.