Any one ever use duraflame logs for fire starters ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was given several of the 6lb logs and I plan to cut them into discs with a machete. I will quarter the discs and put them in a bucket with
a mix of cherry and alder saw dust. I plan to put them in an egg carton and see how they burn...might even use a little hand sanitizer(was
given over a gallon of it, who knew it had a shelf life)to get it to light faster. Still going to buy a box of Supercedars in the future thou...
I just need to use up what I have first.

so Duraflames or SuperCedars are completely safe with EPA non-cat stoves? Is this the primary method to get fires started, or do most use kindling? I'm new to burning this coming winter.

I'm not sure there are any restrictions for "non-cat" stoves. But only Supercedars have been approved for CAT stoves.

Status
Not open for further replies.