Any pictures of leafblower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumby1

Hearth Supporter
Dec 20, 2008
Western Ma.
:roll: Has anybody got a picture of a leafblower attached to the chimney pipe. Preferably a close up. I know someone posted one at one time but I cant find it. Thanks guys.

He wrote that he attached it with duck tape. Others have used PVC adapters.

Here's the simple adaptor I made from a piece of stove pipe and a chunk of 4" pvc... it hooks up to the vacuum side of the blower.

100_0524.gif

Here's the hook up...

leafblowertwo.jpg

Thanks guys. That clears it up. I guess I was having a brain fart cause I just could not picture it. :red:

Nice pics.

I'm going shopping for a leaf blower soon if I can get the end of my exhaust vent off. Installers siliconed it last year, so far I have been unsuccessful at removing it.

Gumby1 said:
I did see the video but would like to see how it attaches.

You need a leaf blower with a vacuum attachment. The vacuum attachment is a larger ID then the OD of the exhust pipe.
You slide the vacuum section over the exhuast pipe and duct tape any gap between the exhuast pipe and the vacuum attachment.
Couple of spins of duct tape and fire up the leaf blower.
Make sure the pellet stove door is open just a little so the vacuum isn't that great for the stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.