Any skiers here?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

xman23

Minister of Fire
Oct 7, 2008
Lackawaxen PA
Any one been to Whistler Black comb? I'm have plans to go at the end of February. Any tips, do's and don'ts?

Thanks Tom

Do: Have fun

Don't: Crash into a tree

That's about the extent of my expertise when it comes to skiing.

it is an awesome place. There are a few local guides up there that i may be worth getting in touch with for a day. That place is so big, but you can spend a lot of time trying to get somewhere and then back.

pick an area and stay there, as opposed to trying to get the whole mountain. How long is the trip for?

not whistler, but a shot of me skiing that I really like :)
upload_2019-1-11_10-0-31.png

Reactions: thewoodlands
Great picture. Used to ski. Haven't in over 10 years.

Liked to go to bed early and go half-day skiing on New Years' Day and Super Bowl Sunday. You get the ski area to yourself. We would go home and take a nap on Super Bowl Sunday, if we had a party to attend.

The plan is to ski 3 days. The guy planning the trip wants to do 1/2 day snowmobiling. My boss has a barn of sleds in MT Snow Vt. He and I have been riding the VT trail system for years. So resort ride may not be to exciting but, I'm easy, in for more fun. I'm a avid skier / ski nut. I ski most weekends at my home mountain or VT. I try to do an out west trip every year. Got to go the mountains open.

Used to ski Okemo and Killington, but that was decades ago. Nowadays the joints just won't take it. Skiing in New England is real skiing, what they do out West, pfft! ;)

Used to ski Okemo and Killington, but that was decades ago. Nowadays the joints just won't take it. Skiing in New England is real skiing, what they do out West, pfft! ;)

I used to ski okemo back before they opened up the Jackson Gore area. I am a shareholder at Mad River Glen.

The last time I skied there though, the report said "if you can't see fish through it, its not ice. bar opens at 11am". i knew it was time to move :)