Any tree guys in southern CT looking to get rid of wood or chips?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know some guys, where are you?

I'm north of Norwich in the boonies, it would be a haul but if you want to come this far let me know.

I'm in the same boat... Southwestern CT, and looking for local tree companies who want to dump the occasional load.
I've managed across a couple, but it seems they usually want about $100/cord of hardwood rounds.
I've yet to find the free stuff.

I agree....

I can get cut/split/seasoned (1 year) for just under 200/cord delivered. Probably about $175 if I get 3 cord . $100/cord for rounds just doesn't make sense. I was getting 2.5 cord whole log dumps for $150 which was worth the time and effort.

Seems everyone wants to make a dollar.

e-mail me with the towns you are willing to drive to and a way to contact you and I will pass it on. Also if you want to come as far as Scotland this winter I have a man with 150 cord of tops once the ground freezes. $12 a cord.
[email protected]

We are out of bethany but do alot of work out of woodbridge and new haven. Sheltons alittle far but its nice to know a place out of area to dump wood or chips

I'm in Weston and always looking for logs or rounds. Any and all are welcomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.