Anybody heard of a Kent stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mcahill

Oct 16, 2008
Eastern Ma.
I got a Kent Rosebay a couple of weeks ago to replace an old wood/coal Russo I had. It comes from a company in Australia who claims to be the biggest manufacturer from the land down under. Anybody heard of it? The quality seems great. 2.0 cu.ft. firebox with a bay window.

they claim to have one of the thickest steel fireboxes going. I just hope I can get used to this convection style heater. The old Russo radiated like crazy. Ill send pics soon. Can not wait to crank the thing up.

The Rose Bay is a different beastie than the Kent Tile Fire that introduced the non-cat clean burn to the US marketplace back in the early '80s. When the New Zealand company that made the Tile Fire went under (phrasing, it's all about phrasing), the Australian company Pricotech bought what was left of the company, and have built a variety of designs bearing the Kent logo in the years since.

The Rose Bay is quite large, and features a huge bay window. Its non-cat secondary burn system incorporates air tubes, proprietary cast refractory panels and a ceramic blanket. It is made of 8 mm plate steel. Its firebox is completely enclosed in a steel outer convection cabinet (even the top, which has louvers to allow the heated air to flow out), so it produces considerable convection heat. It can be converted to burn outside air by covering the room intakes with a piece of sheet metal and introducing outside air anywhere under the pedestal.

The Rose Bay is marketed in Australia as the Saxon Rosewood (Saxon is one of Pricotech's other woodstove lines). The Kent logo is used on models exported to the US to take advantage of the brand familiarity and good reputation the Kent name has here in the States.

Rose Bays are in short supply: the US importer has stopped bringing them over, and their warehouse is sold out, so when the few remaining models in the pipeline are sold, there will be no more.

Congratulations on your purchase, aussieheat. We have a Rose Bay in the family, and in our Pacific Northwest climate, it has proved itself to be a great 1500-2000 sq.ft. heater.

Attachments

• kentroselgg.jpg
    kentroselgg.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 750
Status
Not open for further replies.