Anyone burn Potomacs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Defiant

Vermont Castings Geek
Dec 5, 2007
Old Lyme CT
Bought a Harman insert and the guy gave me 20 bags of these free. He did not need them because new house won't have pellet stove (yet), being the pig I am of course I grabbed them. I am going to try them out, any feedback from any yellow pine burners? 100_2671.jpg100_2669.jpg

I tried them a couple of times. Decent heat and pretty low ash. But the fines we on the high side. Heat was on the low side for a softie, But They would do if I could score them cheap enough. Let us know how you like them once you have a chance to burn a few.

BT pellet had them on special. I think geek tried them, But I haven't heard how they did for him. Where ya at geek? ;?

They're OK in a pinch. I didn't think they burned all that hot.

I burned them all winter long and never had a cold house.

Best bang for the buck pellet IMO. This years batch was significantly cleaner than last seasons too.

I tried them a couple of times. Decent heat and pretty low ash. But the fines we on the high side. Heat was on the low side for a softie, But They would do if I could score them cheap enough. Let us know how you like them once you have a chance to burn a few.

BT pellet had them on special. I think geek tried them, But I haven't heard how they did for him. Where ya at geek? ;?

I bought 4 bags of those, the top corner of the bag had what it seemed like a date of 10-27/10.
Heat very good, but LOTS of fines in the bag...!!!! If all Potomacs are this way i would not buy them.

Bought a Harman insert and the guy gave me 20 bags of these free. He did not need them because new house won't have pellet stove (yet), being the pig I am of course I grabbed them. I am going to try them out, any feedback from any yellow pine burners?View attachment 64935View attachment 64936

can you check for any dates on the top of the bag?

sounds good, did you buy yours at BT ?

Whew! when I saw this thread, I thought you were talking about Potomac Indians!!!;lol

Dave

I bought 4 bags of those, the top corner of the bag had what it seemed like a date of 10-27/10.
Heat very good, but LOTS of fines in the bag...!!!! If all Potomacs are this way i would not buy them.
My bags have 8-27-10, not too many fines, and they actually burn pretty good.

Tempted to buy a ton today as BT is only a mile away from me, but rather not think about pellets now and wasting more room in my garage untill fall, who knows oil could drop back and all this worry about higher fall prices could be a bust...., damn speculators!!

Status
Not open for further replies.