Anyone else burning wrapping paper this morning?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacktheknife

Minister of Fire
Dec 4, 2012
Lakota, Iowa
It's a family tradition to wrap presents in the comics section, probably goes back to my parents burning them in the woodstove afterwards. Maybe even further back. Anyone else burning?

No. I have a cat stove...

So you're burning cats. Interesting :p
He's right,could be bad for the cat.
Wife use to burn everything in our stove before the BKK cat.
I mean paper,cardboard..chicken bones..you name it.
She was not happy when that had to stop!
For awhile I still caught her doing it with the by-pass open!
I had to show her post on her and what a new cat cost before she would stop it when I wasn't around..lol.

My stove is not a trash incinerator only wood goes and the occasional Super Cedar goes in it. Granted paper is wood in a different form but its the principle of the thing for me ;lol.

Pete

Pete my wife would burn all her credit card and bank statements ..that kind of stuff also.
I bought her a shredder(sp?) and she thought that was dumb...still wanted to burn the strips..lol.

Reactions: Pallet Pete
We have a burn barrel out back for that. Sounds like a good way to clean out your chimney.......not really.

Reactions: Pallet Pete
We have a burn barrel out back for that. Sounds like a good way to clean out your chimney.......not really.
Well she does not do it anymore..but that said never was a chimney fire here.
Pretty good setup.
Straight up from the stove through the second story then out the roof.
Matter of fact the class A goes right up through our walk in closet upstairs ..get some decent heat from it.

GIGO!

It's a family tradition to wrap presents in the comics section, probably goes back to my parents burning them in the woodstove afterwards. Maybe even further back. Anyone else burning?

Perfect recipe for a chimney fire OR a clogged chimney cap

Perfect recipe for a chimney fire OR a clogged chimney cap

A clogged cap would be my first concern. We just recycle the wrapping paper. If it's in great shape, it gets folded and stored for the next time. If not, it goes into the recycling container.

I am burning every box (I have 2 kids that each received a ton of toys) and piece of paper in my backyard...I think the glow could be seen from 100 miles away in the sky! The flames were about 14 feet high!!!

Andrew

Well she does not do it anymore..but that said never was a chimney fire here.
Pretty good setup.
Straight up from the stove through the second story then out the roof.
Matter of fact the class A goes right up through our walk in closet upstairs ..get some decent heat from it.

merry xmas to you guys~

Status
Not open for further replies.