anyone else turn thier stove off??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to shut the stove off last night. At 1pm the inside temp was 78 degrees. 20 hours later it's still 70 in the house. We are going back to cold weather on Sat. night. Have 40 bags left. See if I can make them last.

pdvc is on a t stat and works hi/lo

so the past 2 days it spent most of its time on lo. shut it down for a few hours but the house lost temp too fast and had to turn it back on.

definately a nice break from winter. getting cold again now but at least some of the ice pack melted, my roof snow completely melted and we're ready for the rest of the winter.

soon i'll be able to get to the firewood pile and be able to use the fireplace again for the shoulder season. we abandoned it dec 26th when the more than a month long blizzard frenzy happened.

had mine shut down yesterday. I was able to get a good cleaning done pulled the motors etc. Today it started off in the 50's and now its 37 so i had to re-fire it up. it was a nice break we just got some snow piles left, can see the grass for the first time in months.

Shut my pellet furnace down on Tuesday, gave it a thorough cleaning, plan on firing it up again tomorrow when the temps are back below freezing.

hossthehermit said:
Bank said:
Was on the road all week, so it was off, but I only shut'er down to clean it out on a Sunday AM. Winter is coming back tonight, at least here in New England...It ain't over yet.

Yeah, no kiddin'. Kinda feel sorry for those poor folks having to deal with 60-70 degrees, s'posed to get around 40 here today, back to 30s tomorrow, lows back around 0 by Monday

Well, they are going to be in "black fly season" one heck of lot earlier than those of us who still have white lawns! Burn pellets, burn !!!!!!!!!

Been burning on low. Had to shut down last Thur. Had record highs of 71 degrees in Bristol VA/TENN. Beautiful week here in SW Virginia. Been using stove in enenings and nights. Feel sure winter will return in some form.

Status
Not open for further replies.