Anyone ever made an angled block off plate?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanG

Feb 25, 2015
Charlottesville, VA
Hi all,

I cleaned the fireplace and smoke shelf thoroughly last night and was going to make my template but realized that due to the shape of the fireplace we had to take out two of the top bricks and now the smoke shelf height is lower than the lintel. It seems as though I'm going to have to fabricate an angled block off plate. I'll try and get a picture of it tonight when I get home if that helps.

Just looking for suggestions on how to design it.

I also just saw a pic here of someone who used what looks like a flat top plate from a liner kit as the bottom piece of a block off plate. Looked like that would work quite well as far as being able to seal the hole and the connection to the main plate.

Cheers,

Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.