Anyone have a Woodstock Keystone installed in a corner?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BlueR

Oct 14, 2020
North Carolina Mountains
Just wondering if anyone has a Woodstock keystone installed in a corner.. our current woodstove is installed in a corner and I want to see how one looks so I can have a better idea of hearth lengths etc.. I’ve seen the diagram in the instruction manual but actual install pics will be good for reference.. ours won’t be installed for another few weeks..

Thanks in advance..

Last edited:
To install in a corner one must take into account that it is a side-loader. That means there needs to be at least 16" of hearth on the loading side. With high side clearances this means a large hearth. If this is ok, then it can work out. See the manual for corner installation requirements.

Minimum hearth size in a corner installation must be 54”x54” (with the front corner cut off). NOTE: On a hearth of minimum size, the stove will not be centered left to right, but will meet the minimum required clearances.

To install in a corner one must take into account that it is a side-loader. That means there needs to be at least 16" of hearth on the loading side. With high side clearances this means a large hearth. If this is ok, then it can work out. See the manual for corner installation requirements.

Minimum hearth size in a corner installation must be 54”x54” (with the front corner cut off). NOTE: On a hearth of minimum size, the stove will not be centered left to right, but will meet the minimum required clearances.
I’ve seen the manual description.. I’ve also see other side loading stoves installed in a corner with heat shield 12” from the stove corners.. so it should work but I was looking to see if anyone else has done it.. thanks :)

I have one installed in a corner. The side loading has not been an issue for me. I may be short a couple inches on the R rear corner clearance but have not seen this to be a problem.

Edit: I do have both the bottom and rear heat shields installed.
stove.jpg

Reactions: Todd
I’ve seen the manual description.. I’ve also see other side loading stoves installed in a corner with heat shield 12” from the stove corners.. so it should work but I was looking to see if anyone else has done it.. thanks :)
Yes, this is viable when the manual indicates it is permissible, which Woodstock does.

Last edited: