Anyone have info on this Whitfield Legend?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oct 29, 2007
Troy Idaho
I am looking for any knowledge, manuals, old parts or just experience with this WP1 Whitfield Legend pellet stove. I bought this from the farmer next door and It is a classic antique that works beautifully. I am going to put it in my mothers house for backup heat with a little 650 honda generator
Mark

Attachments

• Legend 006a.jpg
    Legend 006a.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 1,820
  • Legend 005a.jpg
    Legend 005a.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 1,101
Hearthtools, aka Rod Poplarchick, is our resident Whitfield expert - if he doesn't pop in, try sending him a PM. Note that according to Rod, parts for that stove may get to be a problem in the future - Lennox has announced that they no longer make parts for stoves > 10 years old.

Gooserider

Thanks for the reponses!
Mark

Gooserider said:
Hearthtools, aka Rod Poplarchick, is our resident Whitfield expert - if he doesn't pop in, try sending him a PM. Note that according to Rod, parts for that stove may get to be a problem in the future - Lennox has announced that they no longer make parts for stoves > 10 years old.

Gooserider

That is a museum piece

You will be able to get Blowers and limit switch parts some parts. but as far as Specificly manufactured parts like Control boards and Burn pots you are going to be out of luck.

That is exactly the thing I like best about it. NO CONTROL BOARDS!! Therefore it might go for another century.
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.