Anyone know anything about an efel giant?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trinaj

Feb 22, 2015
Brookline nh
in my search for a woodstove with a 3 cu ft firebox with a 6 inch rear flu I stumbled across this stove . It's an efel giant . The stove will be going into a fireplace . I'm only burning wood, not coal .
Any opinions on the stove . It seems to be in good shape and the price is right at $500 .
My original search has been the jotul 600 , but nothing has come up for sale for my $1000 budget .
Any help for be appreciated .

in my search for a woodstove with a 3 cu ft firebox with a 6 inch rear flu I stumbled across this stove . It's an efel giant . The stove will be going into a fireplace . I'm only burning wood, not coal .
Any opinions on the stove . It seems to be in good shape and the price is right at $500 .
My original search has been the jotul 600 , but nothing has come up for sale for my $1000 budget .
Any help for be appreciated .
Bump

I have an efel harmony coal stove in my fireplace in the living room, I believe it is the little cousin to the giant. I love mine, I burn wood in it and it works great, as far as I know efel stoves all use the same type of thermostatic draft control which in my case works great hope I was helpful, I haven't been able to find much information on mine either.

Thanks for the Intel . Thermostatic draft control? How's that work ? I don't have a damper on my fireplace so the stove has to have all the control . Is that the case with yours ?
Thanks , Trina

Thermostatic draft is simply a bimetallic spring or a thermal bulb ( in this case I think it's a thermal bulb) attached to the draft control on the stove, as the stove gets hot it closes itself down and as it cools off it opens itself back up. It has a manual control that you are supposed to set and forget, it takes a little getting used to but works pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.