Anyone know of a stove-top thermometer with wind-up warning bell?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GVA said:
EatenByLimestone said:
It works! :)

The wife was upstairs yelling at me to answer the door!

Matt
Who was it? :cheese:

"Avon calling." :coolsmirk:

My setup looks amazingly like the ME article.

What I don't like about it, and the other pics posted don't address it, is the wires being strung up to and around your stove pipe or over the stove. I don't trust the setup. Any wire or cord lying so it may at some point touch hot metal is asking for trouble. Wire insulation just isn't enough protection IMO. If you placed the sensor so it is hanging off the bottom of the stove pipe and gravity holds the wire away is just going to look ugly. I think you would have to go wireless. That way you could use magnets to attach the switch to the stove and keep anything that could burn well away from it.

This product would have to be something extremely well made as people would be depending on it for their lives. I imagine the liability would be incredible. Something akin to finding out the smoke detector just purchased and with good batteries didn't work and resulted in a fatal fire. Lawsuit in the making.

Matt

This is why the T/C route is the way to go.... Running the high temp lead to the high temp stove and the other components in a safer cooler location...

Status
Not open for further replies.