Anyone no what brand stove this is.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

domenick

Oct 9, 2013
Hey everyone I was offered the stove for free but I’m not able to see it in person.It’s definitely an older wooden Insert just not sure if it’s worth the trip to inspect it. Any idea what brand it is and if it’s worth doing a rebuild on if it’s needed. Gasket cleaning painting etc.

E8C927B8-F00C-4117-8BB9-65AB790CC2BF.png

looks like a vermont casting winter warm or winter warm 2 I have not heard anything good about them

Reactions: Todd
Those inserts have single doors. It is a Vermont Castings 0044 fireplace insert, internally designed a little like the first Defiant. They just called it FirePlace Insert. Made in the early 1980s with a simpler design than the WinterWarm.