Anyone see this Fungus?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gzecc

Minister of Fire
Sep 24, 2008
NNJ
An orange fuzzy (fungus?) on my locust splits. Anyone know what this is?

Attachments

• locust fungus.jpg
    locust fungus.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 469
Clean out under your toenails? :bug: Had it on my locust in humid wet weather also. No clue as to ID. Burned well though. A C

Yeah, I've seen that stuff too, don't like it. Kinda creepy. Seems like the ones on the bottom of a pile are the only ones that ever get it.

woodwolf said:
Most deadliest fungus on earth! ;-)
That reminds me of a story my BIL was telling us a couple of weeks ago. His grandfather was deathly afraid of snakes. He described the Hognose snake, which is non-aggressive and plays dead when threatened, as "The spread-nose viper, one of the deadliest snakes around." He was so terrified of snakes that when he was in a car that drove over the top of one, he would pick his feet up off the floorboard. :lol:

I'll start the bidding with some variety of slime mold, but I think we'll need a close up shot showing the surface texture if possible to be sure.

Have seen it here on a couple of small rounds. I notice that when it came in the house and got some warmth in puffed out pretty quickly so it got thrown in the fire pretty quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.