Anyone still burning??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where you live you probably have worse weather than we do.Most people out here live in the valleys,warmer and less snow,and with humidity low 70 drgrees is a very nice day,40 with sun shining on house and I shut off stove.Out here is a cool state though(temp. year round) unless on the prairie in the east,gets really hot there.Yeah you people in north wis. or minn. have it way worse than us.A lot of minn. and alaskans move here.And we get a lot of floridians,they last about 3 winters!:)

I am still burning every single day. One big fire in the morning with lots of softwood (that's all I have left...).

And 3 feet of snow in the woods. At least this week they are forecasting +18C. That should start the actual spring snow melt....

I am still burning every single day. One big fire in the morning with lots of softwood (that's all I have left...).

And 3 feet of snow in the woods. At least this week they are forecasting +18C. That should start the actual spring snow melt....
That's crazy!

So, summer is still on schedule? As I recall it, July 5th, noon 'till 3pm?

Reactions: Swedishchef
Just found this depressing photo sis' took of my house about three months ago. Glad that's over.

IMG_2450.JPG

Looking a lot greener today.

IMG_2881.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: WiscWoody
I am so glad I left that stuff behind. Our snow shovel gets more work as a dust pan scoop than shoveling snow.

Gonna hit 90 for the first time this year Monday. Got close yesterday. Thunder storms out the wazzo lately.

Wow, that's a quick switch. Sounds like you got all of 5 minutes of spring.

Gonna hit 90 for the first time this year Monday.
Now that's depressing in an entirely different way. Give me snow over 90F every day of the year.

No storms here today, just several sprinkles. Did get kinda warm, though...

Now that's depressing in an entirely different way. Give me snow over 90F every day of the year.

No storms here today, just several sprinkles. Did get kinda warm, though...

We are in a corridor where in winter the moisture coming up from the Gulf meets the cold coming down from Canada and then later it meets the heat coming across from the Midwest. A year-round thang.

When it takes a break then it is hurricane time.

I really, really miss West Texas. Just hot and dry or cold and dry. ;hm

We are in a corridor where in winter the moisture coming up from the Gulf meets the cold coming down from Canada and then later it meets the heat coming across from the Midwest. A year-round thang.

When it takes a break then it is hurricane time.

I really, really miss West Texas. Just hot and dry or cold and dry. ;hm
I grew up in frederick(md) and know what you are talking about.I remember riding my motorcycle almost year round.Like it out here because of low humidity,good for my breathing.

Wow, that's a quick switch. Sounds like you got all of 5 minutes of spring.

Happens every year. Stove shuts down for two days and the AC goes on. Like fossil said last year he wasn't here for "windows open day". The last two years it hit 90 the first week of April. This year it stayed cold longer and then, bam. I remember exactly three "Springs" in all of the years we have lived here.

This year I said the hell with it and let the heaters haul the freight for the last month with just occasional fires to save the wood.

I grew up in frederick(md)

Frederick got hammered again tonight. Downpours that passed just over us. Just rained on us for a while.

This year I said the hell with it and let the heaters haul the freight for the last month with just occasional fires to save the wood.
I don't blame you, would have done the same. So far we are still blessed with very long springs and then a very dry summer spell. But that may change, we a getting some record breaking rainfalls now. Fortunately they are balanced with some good sunny periods too. It's just raining a lot heavier when it does rain.

Me too,last bag is in stove,have no more,but have full tank of lp to get me by when the fall pellets come in.Already had doors and windows open 2 times,just normal this time of year.

Sounds like there are going to be some crabby watermen if they restrict the catch. But it also sounds like that's the right thing to do.

Prices have gone through the roof and sellers are reporting not near as many people willing to pony up the price for a the usual half bushel.

Personally I have never wanted to work that hard for a little bit of meat. :confused: When we meet people at a crab house my wife orders a hotdog. ;lol

Reactions: Seasoned Oak
Cleaning up our mess from hole in the ice when the water line froze this winter - lake still ice locked when its normally open.

Attachments

• May 10 2014 2 (533x800).jpg
    May 10 2014 2 (533x800).jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 170
  • May 10 2014 (533x800).jpg
    May 10 2014 (533x800).jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 158
Status
Not open for further replies.