Anyone use the Green Mountain 60 with a blower kit?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

cabinwarmer

Burning Hunk
Sep 11, 2020
SE PA
Good Day, anyone have any feedback from usage with a GM60 blower kit? Does it make a marked improvement? Quiet?
Thanks, Dave

I have the Hearthstone Craftsbury with the blower. The stove is almost identical to the Green Mountain 40. Even though your stove is the Green Mountain 60, (Similar to the Hearthstone Shelburne), I believe the blower is the same blower for any of these models (At least according to this link)

I have had the stove and the blower for two years. My experience has been very good. As you probably know the blower is temperature activated. The only control is a dial that controls the speed of the fan. I have the dial set at about 30 to 40% of maximum. The noise at this level is not objectionable at all (to me). The fan does begin to get louder as you turn it up and the noise is noticeable. Our stove is in a living room approximately 17' by 16' so it isn't very large. I think the fan really helps to move the heat around to the other rooms and up the staircase, even at the fan speed I am currently using.
I have attached a pic of the stove\blower. I think there may have been a couple of times that I have noticed that the fan should have kicked on (since the stove was already way past the point where the thermostat should have kicked on the fan). I unplugged the blower and plugged it back in and the blower kicked on. Other than that, I have been pleased with both the stove and the blower.
Hope this helps

CraftsburyJPG.JPG

I had the blower. I was definitely a fan of it. I liked that it was temperature activated. As mentioned above, you can dial up and down the speed, which brings the volume up and down, so if it bothers you, you can always keep it on the lower end.
For me I think it was quite helpful, getting more convective heat and air movement to push around the house.

I have a GM60 with the blower. It very effectively pulls heat from the backside of the stove and pushes it out front. I can't imagine a more efficient method, aside from maybe using a stronger fan. It isn't loud, but it isn't quiet - especially at high settings.
I came across this thread while searching if others had an issue I am currently having. The back of the GM60 is very slightly curved in the area where the fan sits. But the fan assembly is very straight. As such the thermal gauge (called a snap disk) which turns the unit on when it gets warm sits almost 1/2" away from the back of the stove. This causes significant delays in turning off after a cold start. I am trying to see if this is intentional or not.

I have the Hearthstone Craftsbury with the blower. The stove is almost identical to the Green Mountain 40. Even though your stove is the Green Mountain 60, (Similar to the Hearthstone Shelburne), I believe the blower is the same blower for any of these models (At least according to this link)

I have had the stove and the blower for two years. My experience has been very good. As you probably know the blower is temperature activated. The only control is a dial that controls the speed of the fan. I have the dial set at about 30 to 40% of maximum. The noise at this level is not objectionable at all (to me). The fan does begin to get louder as you turn it up and the noise is noticeable. Our stove is in a living room approximately 17' by 16' so it isn't very large. I think the fan really helps to move the heat around to the other rooms and up the staircase, even at the fan speed I am currently using.
I have attached a pic of the stove\blower. I think there may have been a couple of times that I have noticed that the fan should have kicked on (since the stove was already way past the point where the thermostat should have kicked on the fan). I unplugged the blower and plugged it back in and the blower kicked on. Other than that, I have been pleased with both the stove and the blower.
Hope this helps

View attachment 316277

I am curios, how long is the power cord?