Anyone use these? Save your back I bet.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Hahaha.....yep! I got two of them for Christmas. They were the one Bailey's sells made by Lockhart. I stinking love em. Two of those and my homemade pickaroon and I'm not bending over at all to process wood anymore.

Yeah--been using them for a couple years--they are great! I find them especially useful in saving my back (balancing the load), and getting wood out of tough places. I've lugged some heavy rounds with these, but the mechanics of it seem to work well without any dangerous strain. When I get to the truck with a big round, I'll put two hands on the rubber and lift it into the truck bed. I'm thinking about getting another set for the wife :)

Yes, use them all the time and like them. When I have an extra large round I will use both grippers, one in each hand. I have bent one slightly because overloaded it. Easy enough to rectify. Ever since then I'll use two on the really large rounds.

Reactions: Bwhunter85
I use them too. Great for getting rounds out of tight spots that I can't get wheels to. Being able to move two rounds at a time speeds up the work.

Reactions: Bwhunter85
Headed out right now to give them a try. Just had woods select cut. Lot's of tops to be cut.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Headed out right now to give them a try. Just had woods select cut. Lot's of tops to be cut.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Give us your thoughts.

Those are great, I bought two, one for each hand and can move wood twice as fast with less strain on the back.

I have both sizes of them...work great for moving rounds...I must have overloaded them though, pulled the end right off the cable on the one...!!! (I was hauling some pretty big stuff...::-))

I have both sizes of them...work great for moving rounds...I must have overloaded them though, pulled the end right off the cable on the one...!!! (I was hauling some pretty big stuff...::-))
Never had that happen to mine but I did bend the metal hook a tad. It's an easy fix and haven't had any other problems. From then on I use two hooks on one round if it's large.

Thanks, everybody, for suggesting the Timber Claws. I just picked up two of the smaller ones (since I usually buck to 16") and tried it out--wow, what a difference! Definitely makes a difference on the back. Also I have a lot of rugged terrain and I think these will make it much easier to retrieve rounds from some challenging locations.

My work crew mostly consists of myself( 73 yrs old with slight spinal bone cancer), my tennant, 56 yrs old with one arm mangled in industrial acident and my 43hp JD tractor. Made a pickaroon with a 30" handle two years ago that lets either one of us move wood around almost like we were young and able....
Found it pays to work smart with any assistance we can get

Reactions: Marshy
I often use one or a pair of slim, sharp hatchets as my "Hands". Need one to drive wedges while bucking anyway. With some practice they are handy as all get out. Flip rounds out of the way bucking, sink & carry, flip off into the truck. Throw and sink into the next round for fun