Appalachian 32 bw. Unplugged

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Chrismaro396

Nov 22, 2019
Lightmyfire
So I have the Appalachian 32 bw and it got unplugged while in operation . It was plugged back in immediately but now neither blower or draft fan are working. I waited til the fire was out and it was a cold stove unplugged it and plugged back in but still nothing works. The outlet does have power its plugged into. The manual cautions not to unplug while in operation but doesn't say why or what to do if it happens. Any suggestions?

I have a stove that ive recently unplugged during operation. Now that its plugged in I dont have any power to my blower or draft fan. Theres no fuse just 3 switches and a thermostat. I tried testing the thermostat resistance which i dont get any reading ( infinite) but then I tried connecting the 2 thermostat wires together and still no power. Any thoughts?

You say 'draft fan' - is this a pellet stove? If so, might have better luck in that forum. If you can post make, model, other info, likely someone on here would know more.

Also strikes me that most appliances with a draft fan are more complicated. Typically some sort of safety interlocks / circuit board to make sure the draft is running before other processes are allowed. What are these three other switches? Possibly some interlock tripped?

Beyond that, 'infinite' resistance means the thermostat is 'open' - typically meaning the temperature is satisfied and no blower is needed. Assuming you connected wires correctly to bypass the thermostat and send power directly to the blower - and the blower still did not come on?

Guess you could check resistance on the wires to the blower - there should be 'something' there (the motor coil of the blower). If that is also infinite/open, then something has happened down stream. Still another open switch to the blower? Burned/melted wire? Bad blower?

Dumb question, did you check for power at the outlet?

Does the fan switch have an Auto/Off/Manual function like the 36BW? If yes, have you tried running it in the manual mode? If not, this could be a thermostatic snap switch issue or it could be the actual plug or cord. Do you know how to trace an electrical circuit?

Not an answer to your question. But do u happen to have an owners manual to this stove?

I bought an old one and cannot find a manual