Appalachian 4N1XL

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mattsmith2569

Dec 12, 2023
OHIO
Hello. I am new to the forum and wood burning stoves with blowers. I have a 4n1xl and I am wondering if there is something that goes in the slot above the blower assembly or on top of the blower assembly to block some of the heat. My blower gets insanely hot and shuts down. I have ordered a replacement but want to make sure I'm not missing something.

20231212_205245.jpg

It sounds like the blower is malfunctioning. The air it sucks in should keep it cool. Could it be clogged with hair or lint?

The blower shouldn't get very hot. The assembly has a cover and IIRC it sits under the ashlip. While cleaning, also oil the motor with 3n1 motor oil or some 20w. Put about 10-15 drops in each port. This should be done twice per season.