Aquatherm warranty

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

msn56

Jul 15, 2008
upstate ny
I was just reading Aquatherms warranty as I need to get a boiler b4 winter. It seems the major problems with boilers is they burn through. NOw if that happens you can hire the local welding guy for say $300 or you can take advantage of Aquatherms warranty. Yes you just ship the furnace to them and they will fix it !! :roll:

So you can spend $700 for shipping or pay someone local to fix it - great warranty !!

MIke

Most welders won't touch a used boiler, as there's usually little or nothing to weld on to when a boiler corrodes through.

I'd read that warranty pretty carefully. There are plenty of ways to rot out a boiler (through poor installation or firing habits or piping setup) that will void any warranty.

Just because a mfg makes a claim doesn't make it true.

From what I've found after having my Mohonning rot through,Eric is right nobody would touch this thing..A couple of locals said bring the unit to me and no promisses the welds would hold,even sitting in there shop..I found out why, turns out the leak I sprung was just the beginning,there was no steel left in the waterjacket that is directly over the fire..My rot was due to neglect in every way shape and form.. Good luck with any holes in a boiler being welded on site...
DAVE

MIssing the point - point is the cost of shipping is prohibitive which means the warranty is next to useless - which means they dont have confidence in their product. SOme manufacturers are offering 5 year on site warranties ! I guess I shouldnt have used the boiler as an example as everyone is getting hung up on the example rather than the major point of shipping the unit back even if there is a minor problem which you cant fix

Status
Not open for further replies.