AquaTherm's gasifier

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jklingel said:
Do any of you have any inside info on AquaTherm's upcoming gasifier? I could not get any specs or anything out of the company; only that it is in the final stages of field testing and will be out for the '08-'09 heating season. Just curious. My neighbor has one of their non-gasifiers and really likes it (2 yrs now) and said a friend has had one for 15 yrs.

New guy here, great website lots of good info. I have a AQUATHERM OMEGA HE 30 that I got in a horse trade for a car. Have not hooked it up but am planning to very soon as the weather is getting cold. I plan to heat my very well insulated shop with it but found info is hard to find.I called the local Aquatherm dealer an was given the factory # and did not want to get involved with the boiler. Factory told me that I should brush up on my welding skills and to make sure I have a way of removing and storage of the antifreeze. This unit has not leaked or cracked for the preveous owner but thought I would see if it's worth the trouble. My shop is 4000sq.ft. with 11ft. ceiling . Anyone out there care to discuss this unit? Have burned wood for 45yrs. had some early model nightmares [warmhome owb] that the fire box rotted away in 3yrs. Thank you Steve

old silverback said:
jklingel said:
Do any of you have any inside info on AquaTherm's upcoming gasifier? I could not get any specs or anything out of the company; only that it is in the final stages of field testing and will be out for the '08-'09 heating season. Just curious. My neighbor has one of their non-gasifiers and really likes it (2 yrs now) and said a friend has had one for 15 yrs.

New guy here, great website lots of good info. I have a AQUATHERM OMEGA HE 30 that I got in a horse trade for a car. Have not hooked it up but am planning to very soon as the weather is getting cold. I plan to heat my very well insulated shop with it but found info is hard to find.I called the local Aquatherm dealer an was given the factory # and did not want to get involved with the boiler. Factory told me that I should brush up on my welding skills and to make sure I have a way of removing and storage of the antifreeze. This unit has not leaked or cracked for the preveous owner but thought I would see if it's worth the trouble. My shop is 4000sq.ft. with 11ft. ceiling . Anyone out there care to discuss this unit? Have burned wood for 45yrs. had some early model nightmares [warmhome owb] that the fire box rotted away in 3yrs. Thank you Steve

Welcome to the forum. I had forgotten about this thread as it is quite old. Rereading it, I still have no real information to share as I have never seen one. Before I would hook this up, you need to decide if it is just going to be a temp thing as you will need to figure out how and where you want to run the water lines to the unit, and how you want to install the heat into the shop. You mentioned the old OWB so you may have all the parts still on hand. Having the factory tell me that I will need to be welding on this would make me think long and hard if I wanted to go through the effort installing this unit. It may be better to try and do another horse trade and get something else you may need. I had one of those OWB that rotted and changing boilers is a pain and not that much fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.