1. vinny11950

vinny11950
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

May 17, 2010
    Loc:
    Eastern Long Island, NY
    I start thinking of wood pellets......

I haven't been following the Pellet Mill too much this summer, been doing other things. But I expect to start seeing some pellet bags at the big box stores by the end of August. I wonder what type of fall/winter we are going to have in the Northeast?

Hope everyone is doing well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    jackhammer likes this.
  2. jackhammer

jackhammer
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Aug 21, 2015
    Loc:
    western ma
    I ordered three pallets of Vermont pellets in April from my normal supplier and haven’t seen them yet. I called to make sure I was going to get them and they assured me I was on the delivery list. That was a couple weeks ago. This brings back memories of suppliers over selling. I have not paid for them yet so I’m not sweating it. Hope they come through.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. vinny11950

vinny11950
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

May 17, 2010
    Loc:
    Eastern Long Island, NY
    I think this winter will be cold and snowy. This is just a guess because the last 2 winter's haven't been that bad so we are due for a bad one. This may lead suppliers to order less stock and then people who waited too long are going to be left without. So I think you were smart to buy early, Jackhammer.

jackhammer likes this.
  4. thewoodlands

thewoodlands
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 25, 2009
    Loc:
    Foothills of The Adirondacks
    I'm hearing tons of moisture for us in the northeast this winter, snow with our share of rain. I just hope that rain doesn't turn into an ice storm.

jackhammer and vinny11950 like this.
  5. jackhammer

jackhammer
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Aug 21, 2015
    Loc:
    western ma
    I don’t get out to the island much, but I drive a truck from western mass to Newark airport every night and this summer has been brutal as far as rain and humidity, both here and there! I hope it’s not a sighn of how the winter will go. I always buy my full supply early, my supplier offers half price delivery and usually a better price if you buy in April. I will call them again this weekend about my order. Sure don’t want to scramble in the fall.

6. vinny11950

vinny11950
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

May 17, 2010
    Loc:
    Eastern Long Island, NY
    Wow, every night. I am impressed....

And you are right, this summer has been wet and humid. For the last 4 weeks its been showers and humidity. Flooding here and there.

jackhammer likes this.