Ashford 30.2 dimension help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Eric in IL

Aug 18, 2013
Central Illinois
We have an Ashford 30 on order, hopefully be here mid December. we are doing a corner install and starting to work on our hearth pad. I have made a cardboard cutout of the stove from the Blaze King dimensions but they are lacking some measurements that I think we need. As of now the cutout is 29 1/2 X 31 1/8 ( with the blower). The rear of the stove tapers down and they don’t provide these measurement, unless I’m missing them. The four red lines are what I need to make our cutout close to accurate. If anybody has them or could measure a stove they have it would be greatly appreciate.
6F8A065A-6E7E-4189-A32F-C28287AD47BE.jpeg

FDBFEC0E-35B1-4F73-BFB0-9C19D24A087A.png
6A9EA2D6-86C3-4B9A-932B-A4A557E9AAFB.png
Corner install with measurements. I have same stove corner installed. Pics come from manual which you can get online at blaze kings web site

We have an Ashford 30 on order, hopefully be here mid December. we are doing a corner install and starting to work on our hearth pad. I have made a cardboard cutout of the stove from the Blaze King dimensions but they are lacking some measurements that I think we need. As of now the cutout is 29 1/2 X 31 1/8 ( with the blower). The rear of the stove tapers down and they don’t provide these measurement, unless I’m missing them. The four red lines are what I need to make our cutout close to accurate. If anybody has them or could measure a stove they have it would be greatly appreciate.
View attachment 302587
What was your outcome? I’m considering this stove but I have a small area to install it. Corner install with a 48”x 54” hearth. Stove will be set in the hearth with the rest of the room being cement slab with tile so I’m not concerned with the 16” in front of the stove clearance.

My install is scheduled for February 14. Mine will be a corner install. The only measurements I have are what’s in the installation instructions, with those measurements I could only make a rectangle cardboard footprint of the stove even though the rear of the stove looks like it tapers in ( this would be measurement E for the corner install). With my cardboard footprint I meet/exceed measurement F so I’m hoping I’ll be good on “E”. In the off chance its not, I haven’t finished the hearth pad. I just have the duroc down so I’ll be able to easily modify it once it’s installed. Either way I’ll still have to pull the stove to finish the pad once I’m certain it will fit. I’ll update with pictures once it’s in place.

My install is scheduled for February 14. Mine will be a corner install. The only measurements I have are what’s in the installation instructions, with those measurements I could only make a rectangle cardboard footprint of the stove even though the rear of the stove looks like it tapers in ( this would be measurement E for the corner install). With my cardboard footprint I meet/exceed measurement F so I’m hoping I’ll be good on “E”. In the off chance it’s not, I haven’t finished the hearth pad. I just have the duroc down so I’ll be able to easily modify it once it’s installed. Either way I’ll still have to pull the stove to finish the pad once I’m certain it will fit. I’ll update with pictures once it’s in place.
That’s the issue I’m having. I can’t find anybody who has the “taper” part of the stove measurements. I’m looking forward to seeing your pictures. Good luck!

Well I still don’t have a stove, installer moved my install from February 14 to February 17. We had some crappy weather move in late on the 16th and all day yesterday so they cancelled my install. New install date is now March 7th. I’ll be a little over 6 months from the date I ordered the stove at this point. He did let me come down to the shop to get the measurements I needed from the back of the stove. I’ll send them to you this weekend.
Here is a picture of my incomplete hearth, The front face I have not added the Dorock to incase I need to extend it out, I can come out 4 more inches without messing it up to much. I’ll also be adding the front ember protection but it will be floor level once I’m certain how far out I need to come. The black thimble at the back is from my old pellet stove, hoping I can use the three inch hole for my fresh air intake.

40EA1A27-0485-46A9-AA04-7311977AB3D8.jpeg

Last edited:
Cool idea using the pellet vent for the stove intake. That also gives flexibility to return to pellet if needed.

Well I still don’t have a stove, installer moved my install from February 14 to February 17. We had some crappy weather move in late on the 16th and all day yesterday so they cancelled my install. New install date is now March 7th. I’ll be a little over 6 months from the date I ordered the stove at this point. He did let me come down to the shop to get the measurements I needed from the back of the stove. I’ll send them to you this weekend.
Here is a picture of my incomplete hearth, The front face I have not added the Dorock to incase I need to extend it out, I can come out 4 more inches without messing it up to much. I’ll also be adding the front ember protection but it will be floor level once I’m certain how far out I need to come. The black thimble at the back is from my old pellet stove, hoping I can use the three inch hole for my fresh air intake.

View attachment 309844
Coming along nicely! Brilliant idea for the fresh air vent. I just sent my insurance company the specs for stove and pipe. Hoping they approval everything and I get the green light. I appreciate your sharing your project and measurements.

Reactions: Eric in IL
Well, I'm not sure what all of your red lines are actually indicating, but it was easy enough to throw a dimension onto them:

1676657176554.png

If I’m reading the schematic correctly no matter how my lines you add the closest minimum represented in the drawing is 6” when using double wall black pipe anyway.

Well, I'm not sure what all of your red lines are actually indicating, but it was easy enough to throw a dimension onto them:

View attachment 309850
Lol, my little red lines are pretty bad. In the picture of my incomplete hearth pad is a rectangle cardboard cut out of the stove with the dimensions from the Blaze King manual online. I couldn’t make an accurate cardboard cutout because the rear of the stove tapers in and those measurements are not given. So trying to get the 4 inch clearance to combustibles for letter “E” in a corner install was what I was after. I have those measurement now, hopefully tonight I can modify my cardboard to better represent the actual footprint of the stove. I’ll post another picture when I get it done.

2AA80402-4379-4F9D-8383-D5AFF595AE08.jpeg

Reactions: Chawles
Cool. No problem for me to drop into CAD and pluck dimensions off it, assuming BK’s drawing is properly scaled. I can also check on one of my Ashfords, if you have a critical dimension needing verification.

Reactions: Eric in IL