Ashley AP 60 smoking after runout

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Cbrown137

Dec 30, 2018
Mass
Hello everyone I installed an Ashley AP60 two days ago. I have run it a few times and shut it down. Today I let it run and run it self out of pellets. When it ran out of pellets I am assuming it faulted saying it was out of pellets but what had happened was the whole unit shut down, no draft fan? no room air fan nothing. In doing so the whole unit filled up with smoke even filled the hopper with smoke then started pouring into the house. I turned the stove on and off to get the draft fan to draw the smoke out. It took three attempts at this to get the draft fan and room air fan to run for “cool down” mode exhausting all the smoke.

Has anyone had this issue or anything like it?

Thank you!