Assistance to identify wood stove.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Spud4691

May 20, 2018
Rockland, Ontario
Purchased a used wood stove built by Haughs. Appearance looks like S44, however, measures 29 x 22 x 27. Help to identify model would be appreciated.
wood-stove-canadian-quality-new

Pretty sure it's a Haughs based on the models listed in the clearances chart and if you magnify the bottom of the label the logo says Haugh's. It looks wider than the Spark too. The Spark could be the little brother or grandson of this stove.

The S44 is not listed in the clearance chart.

Screen Shot 2018-05-21 at 10.14.43 AM.png

Not sure if it will help, but what is the listed Warnock Hersey lab number at the top right? (WH- xxxx)

Last edited:
Pretty sure it's a Haughs based on the models listed in the clearances chart and if you magnify the bottom of the label the logo says Haugh's. It looks wider than the Spark too. The Spark could be the little brother or grandson.

The S44 is not listed in the clearance chart.

View attachment 226827
Not sure if it will help, but what is the listed Warnock Hersey lab number at the top right? (WH- xxxx)

Oops, I missed that list.

S244 has a bottom heat shield and a taller step top. Otherwise similar looking.

If its a Haugh's and its the smaller version like the s244, the model was the Campbell elite, the larger one being the Cabot elite. I think Haugh's was bought out and became the Century line of heating stoves.

88CD8A28-AD84-4207-B7E4-81B6E07DD743.jpeg
Not sure why my last post was taken off but im looking for any info as to whom made this fireplace. My father and I want to replace the broken door handle also and i cant find the correct one or will any handle work? It kind of looks like a key slot, can that be taken out and replaced with a different makes handle? Thanks for your time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, moved to the classics and identified as a Garrison.

The Garrison had a very unique key style, distinctive by a G being part of the handle. You could see if Preston Trading Post has one in CT, they've had them in the past...

Reactions: Hamee69