Assistance with type of wood?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Riverside_eng

May 25, 2018
Haverhill, MA
(I apologise if I should not have started a new thread and just tacked on to an existing one but did not know the decorum)

I was driving to work today and saw some wood piled up on the sidewalk and couldn't quite tell what it is. Kind of new at this.

Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_20181019_071747237.jpg

Kind of tough to really tell from the picture but it could be Norway Maple....or Poplar...or Ash lol! If you don't see any yellow streaks in it then I'd rule out Poplar. I'm thinking Maple or Ash

Reactions: Riverside_eng
Ran into something else someone down the street had cut. Any ideas?
mulberry Yellow heartwood with white sapwood. The bark and leaf are consistent for mulberry as well.
Often considered a weedy tree. It has dense wood with high heat value (23.2 MBTU /Cord), the same as black locust, and it splits and burns well.

Reactions: PA. Woodsman