Astounded at the price this guy is charging for wood!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

How much do you pay for a cord of wood?

• $200-$300

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I get my wood from Tony Soprano (or this guy in Londonderry, NH)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have help, and collect when available. I get it from the woods to the shed, and she gets it from the shed to the house. all is collected between 10 and 50 miles away. If I ever have to pay for wood (knock knock) it wiil arrive at my house on a logging truck, ready for me to process. 550 to 650$ will get me mixed alder, maple, and fir, 15+ cords unseasoned. this is the only way to buy wood, IMHO, but most people don't have the space or equipment to do it.

loads were going for 850 plus in our area this fall. but i don't believe you could get more than 10 cord out of them, if that. stay warm and hope the dry air blows through your wood shed.

8nrider said:
loads were going for 850 plus in our area this fall. but i don't believe you could get more than 10 cord out of them, if that. stay warm and hope the dry air blows through your wood shed.

luckily I live in one of Washington's premier logging towns, and the trucks here are HUGE. It's very wet here, so my wood needs at least to be split and stacked a year before it is ready.

Attachments

• 745927_descent_to_the_unload.jpg
    745927_descent_to_the_unload.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 198
If your wood is only partially green, drop a few bucks on a couple of those 4 ft tall iron hoop log holders from HD. Put them in the same room as your woodstove, a couple fet away from the stove. It'll finish the process pretty quick. If you didn't cut until mid summer or the fall, I'd just revert back to oil until you get some dry wood; why risk a chimney fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.