ATV wood Hauling Trailer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to use a trailer that i could haul my ATV on and then pull around with my ATV. I found it to be a little to big to maneuver around in the woods though. That trailer had a 50"X8'9" bed. I still have it but it never gets used anymore.

Thanks guys- tight woods is where I'm gonna be maneuvering so as not to scratch the truck all to living H3ll............................

Shipper50 said:
Here is what I use to haul wood near me, cost me $210 I think. Mind is not as sharp as my chain saws. :lol:

Where do I get my hands on one of those................

WoodMann said:
Shipper50 said:
Here is what I use to haul wood near me, cost me $210 I think. Mind is not as sharp as my chain saws. :lol:

Where do I get my hands on one of those................
I got my trailer at Rural king, type of farm store here in Indiana. I can get about half a face cord cut and split in mine. It does what I want it to do and not pay a ton for it.

Shipper

I picked up one of the otter Super X SR trailers http://www.otteroutdoors.com/trailers/superx.html This thing is fantastic. It pulls easy and will carry as much as you can put in it. If you want a good trailer for trails, this is it. Not cheap but you get what you pay for. Waited about 4 months for it to arrive, took the boy and I about 15 minutes to assemble. Have not used the tin trailer since. It also pulls quite, not like the tin rattle boxes.

For the record "not associated with the company in any way"

I bought mine at a polaris dealer in n.h. it is an agri-fab super 17, it has good size atv wheels on the outside of the box so it goes real good in the woods and it states in the manual that it can haul 1700#, I've had mine for 3 years now and is holding up well hauling fire wood thru the woods.
They also make a duel axle trailer but did not have as much carring capacity as the single axle.

Hey, now that's something........................

I would like to get one of those wagons for gettin wood also. I need to get a light weight one because I have a 2 place snow mobile trailer, I would need to drive my 4-wheeler onto it the maybe lift the trailer onto the other side and strap it down.

skinnykid said:
I would like to get one of those wagons for gettin wood also. I need to get a light weight one because I have a 2 place snow mobile trailer, I would need to drive my 4-wheeler onto it the maybe lift the trailer onto the other side and strap it down.
The trailer from Rural King is light weight, it would be no problem for what you want to do with it on your snow mobile trailer. I can pick up one end with one hand if that gives you and idea.

Shipper

I'm a poor dirt farmer and when I used draft horses, I used an upside down car hood for dragging stuff through the mud and snow. You could fasten any sort of box on top and it'd be easy pulling for a garden tractor or you 4x4'ers. You could even put your pretty new lawn cart on it when it gets to muddy to pull it with the wheels on. And when you're done with it, stand it against a wall out of the way.

Here is a trailer similar to mine one nice thing with one like this is you can load it and still unhook your ATV as there is no tongue weight. You just have to build a bed for it, mine has removable sides so you can load and unload those big rounds easier.

Northern Tool Trailer

Here is a homemade dump trailer I made yrs. ago for hauling out of the woods.
The center between the golf cart tires is lower to make the load lower to the ground,
preventing tipping over wile on uneven ground. The trailer is 4' long and no wider
than the ATV to get through tight places. Their are 2 bolts that can be loosened to slide the
box to center it over the tires.

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r302/scrawford_photos/600x450PIC_0482.jpg

600x450PIC_0482.jpg

It's really cool if you can cobble something together. The trailer will hafta wait for now as funds are unavailable at this time...................

I built that trailer back in 94 and redid the ply. 4 yrs. ago... The center being open alows chips to fall out.

I can throw a 3x4 sheet of 1/2 ply in it and haul dirt etc. if I want.

600x450PIC_0481.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.