Auber question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

reaperman1

Aug 7, 2022
Minnesota
I'm looking into a Auber 200. I would assume the probe going into a double wall stove pipe could be placed in the rear of the stovepipe to hide it from view. With this in mind, has anyone found it to be beneficial to get the longer 16' cable so the display could be placed further away from the stove for a cleaner look?

Yes and yes. Ended up not needing all the extra wire. It’s braided exterior does not want to stay where I put it and wanted to make a large coil and generally not go where I wanted it. They sell the wireless version which is nice. Same base station as the 200 then you get another wireless unit that show the temp as well. Honestly I’d probably get the wireless unit and hide the base unit just not to have to deal with 16’ of somewhat unwieldy wire.

Our probe is run into the rear of the stovepipe. The std. length probe cable was sufficient for our install.