Auger vs photo eye

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul D Doc

Jan 27, 2013
For those of you having auger feed problems, I just spent the last 5 days tearing my Profile 30 apart after finding no apparent problem why pellets would not feed. I burned up an ignitor in the process.
The problem wound up being the photo eye was dirty on the back side of it. I removed the whole assembly after emptying the hopper, and discovered a small gap that allowed ash to collect on top of the filter. After a good cleaning, the stove is back working. I hope this helps

First and for most, Welcome to one of the best forums on the web!
The next time you have issues, you should search this forum. There are plenty of helpful tips on your make and model. I posted one last week on this same issue. There are a lot of very good people that are willing to help with any and all of you problems. Just sit back and enjoy yourself. Keep warm:)!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.